SPARC Portal — Release Notes — September 28, 2020
- At the bottom of all pages, “Glossary”, “Terms of Service” and “Material sharing policy” options are added to allow users to navigate to the respective SPARC project pages effortlessly.
- The SPARC Portal Help Center presents a separate article about the SPARC Materials Sharing Policy.
- The About SPARC page now has a new section regarding the SPARC's Plans for the Future.
- On the Projects listing page, the NIH Award is now a clickable link redirecting to the NIH RePORT page.
- On Dataset details pages, there is now a "Cite Dataset" button in the upper portion of the page so the user can easily navigate to the citation section.
- On Project details pages, the datasets listing is now fixed and displays the correct datasets.
- The performance and appearance of the SPARC Portal have been improved for narrow screens.
- The font size of projects and simulations have been enhanced for supporting mobile devices.
- The Dataset details pages now display the complete contributor list.
- The ability to download datasets has been restored.
- The Home page's banner image is now displayed consistently across different web browsers.
- The organ images are replaced with a new set of images.
- The previous SPARC events are now displayed along with the event dates.
SPARC Portal — Release Notes — August 17, 2020
- At the bottom of the SPARC Portal homepage, the “SPARC Publications” option is added to allow users to find all the publications linked to a SPARC project.
- On the “Find Data” page, the title of the page now appears over the search bar, so users know which page they’re on.
- On the SPARC Portal homepage, the "Resources" menu item has been renamed to "Tools & Resources" to represent the content of the page better.
- In the SPARC Glossary under the SPARC support center, all the links get opened in a new tab/window allowing the user to keep track of their ongoing tasks on the portal.
- On the dataset details page, the protocol and DOI links are now shown in the proper style for links so users know they can click on them.
- The appearance of citations is enhanced across different web browsers (Firefox and Safari).
- Some technical changes were introduced for the "News & Events" section of the SPARC Portal, so it always displays the most relevant information.
SPARC Portal - Release Notes - July 6th, 2020
- The SPARC portal is enhanced with a new “Maps” section which provides a visually appealing user interface to navigate through anatomically/physiologically accurate structure of various species.
- A new gallery viewer interface is introduced on the dataset page for the user to view the graphical thumbnail gallery of images (including 3D image stacks), videos, and scaffold data.
- A documentation link is added to the File browser of a dataset to present guidance on how to navigate the dataset format.
- The searched keyword(s) are now highlighted on the result page of the document for easy identification of the search results.
- Each dataset now displays the point of contact for the user to reach them for more information directly.
- The project pages are renewed to display the complete descriptions of the projects.
- The citation formats are updated along with a new button to copy them quickly. More so the datasets are properly ingested by Endnote, Mendeley, and Zotero.
SPARC Portal Release Notes - May 25th, 2020
- A new documentation article on "How to use and download data" is now available to help users interact with the SPARC Portal in the right way.
- A Glossary feedback link is added to the SPARC Portal footer for the users to submit a new term to the SPARC Glossary.
- Pagination options are updated on all tables to provide a better user experience around browsing multiple entries.
- The DOI link on a dataset details page is now clickable and navigates users to Blackfynn Discover, the dataset publishing platform for SPARC datasets.
- A link to the SPARC Portal status page was added in the footer so users can have full access to the current and historical availability of the Portal and related technologies.
- The search bar has been updated and allows users to search all sections of the SPARC Portal by selecting which kind of results they expect.
- Enhanced communication between different servers to ensure the users can always view and browse the files in a dataset.
- The updated project listing page displays all projects regardless of the associated logo with the project.
- The Dataset details page now opens on the “Description” tab so that users can have immediate access to the most important information of the dataset.
- The SPARC Portal documentation was updated and improved to include grammatical and stylistic updates in accordance with UX best practices.
- For the SPARC events, dates were added to all events listed on the front page to make this immediately visible to users. Moreover, we ensured that modifications and cancellations of events, particularly due to COVID-19, were reflected on the SPARC Portal.
- The Organ listing page was updated and now only displays organs with associated datasets, following UX feedback.
- We have fixed multiple minor visual issues throughout the site to ensure that all users have a smooth experience on our portal.
- The banner video on the homepage of the SPARC Portal was updated to present a more visually impressive page.
SPARC Portal Release Notes - April 13th, 2020
- Every table on the portal is now sortable to allow you to reorder it the way you need.
- When using the "Find Data" page, you will now be able to clear your search by clicking the cross in the search bar, this will also reset your search.
- We added a documentation article to describe the Material Sharing Policy of the SPARC Program
- Clicking on a protocol link on a Dataset page will now open the protocol in a new window, so you do not lose track of what you were doing on the portal.
- Our documentation has been improved, including but not limited to consistency in the acronyms, better quality images, added information about supported browsers.
- In order to present full information to you, we remove the character limit of the description paragraph on the organ page.
- We made the main banner of our portal more visually pleasing.